Rules and Regulations Applicable to
Centre Bay Yacht Station
(the “Station” or the “Company’s facilities”)
These Rules are intended to reflect common courtesies and promote enjoyment of the Station by all shareholders, their families and guests. They apply to everyone using the Company’s facilities, including the docks, foreshore and buildings. Centre Bay Yacht Station has no paid staff and functions with the efforts of many volunteers. All shareholders are asked to do their part to maintain the Company’s facilities, and to leave them in better condition than when they arrived.
1. Moorage is restricted to shareholders’ vessels except as provided below. Dock space is available on a “first come, first moored” basis and may not be reserved. Dinghies should not be locked to the dock or otherwise used to reserve moorage, and must be kept clear of mooring areas when space is required for shareholders’ vessels.
2. No vessel over fifty-five (55) feet may be moored without the prior written permission of the Directors. Shareholders with vessels over that length as of April 7, 2016 were “grandparented” by the Directors up to the length of the vessel owned at the time. Further, permission to moor a vessel to the same length will continue where a share is transferred from an originally “grandparented” shareholder to a son or daughter. Vessel length is determined according the specification stated by the manufacturer.
3. Shareholders may raft one guest vessel alongside. This privilege extends to one visit by each guest owner in a calendar year. Due care must be taken with respect to guest vessel size and wind conditions. Only one guest vessel may be rafted to a shareholder’s vessel at the same time, and no guest vessel shall be moored for more than five nights without prior approval of the Directors.
4. On written application, the Directors may grant limited mooring privileges for a specific time period to an adult son or daughter of a shareholder while using the shareholder’s vessel.
5. Vessels may not be left unattended with no person onboard overnight for more than two consecutive nights, except in unanticipated circumstances, without prior approval of the Directors.
6. All vessels at the Station must adhere to Transport Canada requirements regarding holding tanks and black water discharge. No black water discharge is allowed in Centre Bay.
7. Generators and engines of moored vessels should be used with discretion, and must be shut off during “quiet time” from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
8. All dock and breakwater parties must be concluded by 10:00 pm.
9. No fires are permitted while Provincial bans are in effect and shareholders should review www.bcwildfire.ca if there is any uncertainty. Plastic and other toxic materials should not be left or burned in the fire pits, and shareholders are reminded to check the prevailing wind direction before lighting a fire so smoke and ash do not affect others.
10. As we share Centre Bay, shareholders are encouraged to reduce speed and minimize wakes while operating throughout the entire Bay and proper respect should apply when water skiing or operating personal watercraft.
Use of CBYS Facilities
11. Smoking is not permitted on the foreshore except for the beaches, and care must be taken to extinguish all smoking materials.
12. Pets are to be kept on a leash at all times when not on a vessel, aside from the beach area, and owners must clean up and remove from the Station any “mess” left by their pets.
13. Children and persons who are not competent swimmers should wear life jackets while on the docks and breakwater. Children should not be left unsupervised on the Company’s facilities.
14. Firearms, air pistols, slingshots and other restricted devices are not allowed on the Company’s facilities.
Responsibilities of Shareholders
15. Shareholders are responsible for the members of their family, their guests and the pets of either while at the Station, and must ensure these Rules are brought to the attention of the family members and guests.
16. Shareholders must remove from the Station any garbage created by persons on their vessels or on their guests’ vessels.
Any Rule issued by the Directors and posted at the Station will supercede the above (revised November 2016). A violation of any Rule may be addressed by the Directors in accordance with Article 17.4 of the Company’s Articles.
CENTRE BAY YACHT STATION LTD.
410 Sea Shell Lane
North Vancouver, BC
Telephone: 604 671 5445